I am delighted to announce the latest brochure for CRU’s 19th World Steel conference to take place 5-6 March 2013 in Hong Kong, which includes a detailed programme.
This year's conference consists of a pre-conference workshop on the 4th March focusing on steel / iron ore derivates which will be led by Paul Shellman, Director, Wainscott Commodities, followed by a two day programme focusing on the important issues facing steel companies in today’s market:
- 4th March - Pre-conference workshop on steel/iron ore derivatives led by Paul Shellman, Director, Wainscott Commodities - see brochure or website for further information
- 5th March - Supply/demand drivers and key growth markets: Global macroeconomical outlook, and regional outlooks for China, Japan, S. Korea, SE Asia, India, Russia and the Middle East
- 6th March - Steelmaking costs and raw material trends: Steelmaking cost outlook, iron ore, coking coal, scrap, resource efficiency
CRU has bought together an international panel of speakers to present and discuss these topics, including:
- Dai Zhihao, Deputy General Manager, Baosteel Group
- Robert M. Miller, Chairman and CEO, Miller Mathis Group Inc.
- Stephen Green, Head of Research, Greater China, Standard Chartered
- Chow Chong Long, Chairman, SEAISI
- Sun Quanyou, Deputy Secretary General, China Metalscrap Utilization Assoc.
- John Johnson, CEO, CRU China
- Paul Butterworth, Research Manager, Steel Raw Materials & Steel Costs, CRU
- Jay Parwani, Safety, Technology and Environment, World Steel Association
- Vivek Kamra, President & Chief Executive Officer, NatSteel Holdings Pte Ltd
- Johann Kriechmair, Vice President, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies GmbH
- Mark Holder, Director of Product Development, Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange （HKMEx）
- Renato Paladino, President, Arch Coal Asia-Pacific
- Grant Colquhoun, Group Chief Economist, CRU
- Chris Houlden, Research Manager - Semi-Finished & Finished Steel, CRU
- Ravi Singh, Senior Vice President & Head Marketing, Essar Steel India Ltd.
- Mohit Arora, Executive Director, JD Power Asia Pacific
- Stefan P. Schleicher, Professor of Economics, Wegener Center for Climate & Global Change at the University of Graz
- Michael Wright, Managing Director, Modern Metal Solutions Pte Ltd.
Please visit the website to view the full programme
There are still places available at the conference, so if you are interested in attending, please click on the link below
CRU’s World Steel Conference is an ideal place to discuss the steel industry’s recent activities and future direction.
We hope you will join us for what we are certain will be a successful event.
If you require flights to Hong Kong,we have a preferred rate with Cathay Pacific and Dragonair. Please see here for further details
If you require hotel accommodation, we have reserved a block of rooms at the Kowloon Shangri-La at a special delegate rate. You can book your room on the special booking website OR via the hotel general website using the Group Code: CRU040313.