Projects View

JSW Bengal Steel Ltd



JSW Bengal Steel Ltd


Salboni near Kharagpur


Estimated Cost:


Project Overview Sajjan Jindal Group has signed an agreement with the government of west Bengal for establishing a greenfield steel plant named JSW Bengal Steel Ltd, with an installed capacity of 10 million tons per anum. The plant will be located at Salboni near Kharagpur, and involves an installation cost of US$ 8750 million. The Jindal Group holds 89 per cent stake in the project, while the remaining 11 per cent is held by West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. Project Initiation The project will be spread on an area of 5000 acres. The state government has allotted 3,798 acres of land held by it for the project, while the State's Animal Resources Department has given 877 acres. The Jindals purchased the remaining 450 acres directly from the people. The Jindal Group has announced to give shares in the project to people who are being displaced for it. The first phase of the project with an installed capacity of three million tons per anum involves an investment of US$ 2500 million, and is expected to be complete in the next four years. Water for the project is being taken from the nearby Rupnarayan River, and the company is using its own iron ore resources for the project. Project Name JSW Bengal Steel Ltd Location Salboni near Kharagpur Commence 2007 Completion 2011 Estimated Investment US$ 8750 million Capacity 10 million tons per anum Key Players Sajjan Jindal Group and Government of west Bengal