AK Steel is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen. It is our intention to operate ethically with all constituents, maintaining fair and honest relationships and to operate within both the letter and the spirit of the law.
Create innovative steel products and processes that surpass our customers’ needs today and for the future.
Our AK Steel team creates innovative, high quality steel solutions for our customers in a safe, responsible and profitable manner.
At AK Steel, our key values of safety, quality, productivity and innovation are the foundation of our business as we work to fulfill our mission of operating in a safe, responsible and profitable manner.
At AK Steel, safety comes first and we are first in safety. Our industry-leading approach to safety is more than a business objective; it is part of our culture. It is the foundation of all we do and what matters most to us.
AK Steel's Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Commit necessary resources to comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, as well as incident prevention and necessary continuous improvement;
- Reduce and eliminate risks through safety and health procedures and emergency preparedness programs;
- Develop, implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) procedures;
- Evaluate on a routine basis compliance with all applicable OH&S procedures;
- Strive for continual improvement in the effectiveness of its OH&S management efforts.
We drive continuous improvement of our products, processes and services in order to meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
As a leading producer of carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, AK Steel operates flexible facilities that help us adapt to ever-changing market conditions and customer needs.
We drive innovation throughout our processes and our products. We build on a longstanding heritage of innovation to create high-quality steel solutions that surpass our customers’ needs today and for the future.