Allied Locke Industries was founded in 1965 by Robert L. Crowson, as Allied Chains. Our first product was steel detachable chain for the agricultural market. In 1978, Allied Chains purchased Locke Steel Chain Co., a manufacturer of agricultural chains since 1897. With this acquisition, Allied Chains broadened its offering and became one of the major producers of agricultural chains in the United States. At that time, the name of the company was changed to Allied-Locke Industries.
In 1985, Cullman Ind., a sprocket manufacturer in Wheeling, IL, discontinued operations. Allied-Locke purchased a portion of the Cullman equipment and hired some of their employees. From this beginning, our sprocket offering has grown to complement the chain sizes now offered by Allied-Locke.
In 1988, Allied-Locke purchased Chain Engineering Co. (CEC), a marketer of precision roller chains for the previous 28 years. With this acquisition, Allied-Locke positioned itself as one of the major suppliers of precision roller chain in the United States.
In 1992, Allied-Locke purchased the Moline Corporation. Moline was a producer of Engineering class chains for the industrial market since 1869. This acquisition added a full range of industrial chains to Allied-Locke’s product offering.
In 2001, Allied-Locke established an environmental products division and expanded into producing and marketing products for the water treatment industry.
In 2004, Allied-Locke acquired Southeast Chain Inc. This facility was then set up as a warehousing and final assembly operation to primarily service the forest products industry in the southeastern portion of the country.
Allied-Locke Industries now includes five divisions: Agricultural Chain, Precision Roller Chain, Industrial Chain, Sprockets, and Environmental Products. The primary manufacturing facility (Plant 1) in Dixon, IL covers nearly 675,000 square feet. Plant 2 houses our roller chain operation and is an additional 90,000 square feet in Dixon, IL. Our warehouse and secondary manufacturing facility in Union, MS covers 80,000 square feet.
The company is comprised of a group of experienced and dedicated employees, committed to customer satisfaction through excellence in quality and service. Our knowledgeable customer service and engineering staff is eager to assist you.