History and structure
Founded in Walkden in 1976, P.P. Group began life in the basement of a cotton mill and has grown in to one of the UK’s leading independent profiling and processing companies; operating from a 110,000 sq. ft. premises on a 6.5-acre site at Drury Lane, in Oldham (Greater Manchester). P.P. Group provides diverse, high-quality profiling and processing services across a vast range of industries. Our commitment to innovative technology and machinery, partnered with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced employees in the business, has earned us an outstanding reputation for reliability and honest service.
There were three divisions that made up the P.P. Group:
P.P. Plasma – our Stainless, Aluminium and Special Metals divisionP.P. Profiles – our Carbon Steel divisionP.P. Processing – our Processing, Fabrication and Manufacturing division
On the 1st September 2018 the three divisions merged to form The P.P. Group of Companies Ltd.
Together we have rebranded, restructured and relocated, to give us a strong group identity and allow the P.P. Group potential to be identified and realised. We believe that although we have accomplished much separately, working together we can be more than the sum of our parts; our goal is to create more recognition as a group and to enhance what we are capable of realising.By offering internal support to each other we will enable growth, both individually and collectively, allowing our brand to flourish as a leading manufacturer in the north of England. Trading as one company will also provide an improved experience for customers as all the different products and services will be received from a single supplier instead of three.
As a group we aim to present complete engineering solutions of larger turnkey projects to many different sectors and our capabilities include:
- Combined manufacturing facilities of 110,000 square feet, on a 6.5-acre site, including yard and storage.
- Combined processing over 12000 tonnes per year of plate and sheet.
- Combined offering of laser, plasma, flame, water jet, bevel cutting, saw cutting, surface grinding, weld prepping, heat treatment, rolling, press braking and polishing.
- Advanced laser etching technology to add component assembly location marking, bend lines or text.
- Servicing nationwide and supporting export projects as a key member of supply chains.
- Offer bespoke automated solutions aided by our renowned in-house IT systems developed over 20 years.
- Our own in-house fleet of vehicles, operating a double shift system that allows a 24 hour production schedule, ensuring all orders are delivered on time, every time.
- Procurement speed. With our extensive experience and network of contacts within the industry, we can get most grades of material within 48 hours. All deliveries come with full mill test certification and a certificate of conformance.
- We have a robust commitment to quality, holding the following certifications: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and BS EN 1090.
- Oil and gas
- Bulk handling
- Water and waste
- Storage tanks
- Yellow goods
- Renewable energy
- And many more…