PJSC “Zaporizhstal” is a company with a full metallurgical cycle, which occupies a leading place in steel production in Ukraine, in the export of metal products to more than 50 countries of the world, as well as in tax deductions. In 2018, the Works increased tax transfers to the budget of Ukraine, sending more than 3.8 billion hryvnias to the state treasury.
- The third in Ukraine in terms of metal production volumes
- Every fifth ton of Ukrainian metal produced at the Works
- 15% of currency earnings of Ukraine
- more than 250 million tons of pig iron smelted by “Zaporizhstal” for its 85-year history
- More than 60 European countries-consumers of our rolled-stock
- The Works’ area – over 550 hectares or 777 football fields
- A collective – over 11 000 employees
- The energy consumption of production was halved – from 2012, natural gas consumption was reduced from 330 million cubic meters per year to 163 million cubic meters in 2018
- 70% of the Works’ exported products
- Annual production of3 million tons of pig iron, 4.1 million tons of steel, 3.5 million tons of rolled-stock
- Over UAH100 million allocated for the city’s infrastructure development
In 2018, Zaporizhstal PJSC delivered over 670 thousand tonnes of metal products to customers by water transport through the Zaporizhzhya river port.
The Works systematically modernizes its production facilities, paying special attention to environmental issues. Since 2012, it has been allocated about UAH10.6 billion to the environmental modernization and reconstruction of the Works.
The main environmental projects of recent years have been the modernization of the gas cleaning systems of all six sintering machines of the Works, the large-scale reconstruction of the blast furnace No. 3, the overhauls of blast furnaces: 4 and 5, the construction of a new cooling tower. According to the results of ecological modernization, Zaporizhstal was recognized as the winner in the nomination “The Leader of Comprehensive Green Modernization” within the framework of the “EKOTRANSFORMATION-2018” competition.
In 2019, within the framework of ecological modernization, a modern complex for intercepting industrial stormwater runoff has already been launched. It will reduce the discharge of industrial water in the Dnieper by 5 million m3 per year. Investment in the project amounted to UAH58.5 million.
Zaporizhstal also continues in 2019 a program of locomotive fleet remotorization. For these purposes, the Works will allocate UAH50 million. The Works received a production certificate confirming the high qualification of locomotive depot personnel and the high quality of repair of diesel locomotives.
One of the most important events for the Works in 2018 was the 85th anniversary of the enterprise. At the gala evening in honor of the anniversary, the Works’ records were presented, which entered the book of records of Ukraine: for the fastest reconstruction of the blast furnace and for the longest environmental campaign “Let’s save the Dnieper together!”